Immunological blood tests involve a series of laboratory analyses and specialised tests, aimed at detecting infections or malfunctions of the immune system. Through immunological tests, diseases are detected and their course is investigated, in order to apply the most effective possible treatment.
Immunological tests include:
- The identification of bacterial, viral, muscle and parasitic infections.
- The detection of venereal diseases, which are transmitted from person to person through sexual contact, contact with contaminated objects or blood and from mother to newborn through childbirth or breastfeeding.
- The identification of autoimmune diseases.
- The discovery of immune deficiencies.
- The confirmation of the existence of histocompatibility antigens, an examination that facilitates the process of transplants, because it confirms the compatibility between a donor and a recipient.
- The recording of allergies.
By conducting an immunology test, the patient can realise that he has been attacked by an infection, treat it, but also prevent an exacerbation, as in the case of autoimmune diseases or allergies. The repetition of the immune check-up on a regular basis, as well as the supervision by the appropriate treating physician, can maintain the patient’s immune status at high levels, ensuring a better quality of life. At our diagnostic center in Marousi, immunological tests are performed and interpreted by our properly trained staff.